Friday, April 25, 2008

Tongue Twisters

For some bizarre reason, I often get my mords wixed up. For example, this morning I told Isabelle that her chinks were peek. Instead of pink cheeks of course. It wouldn't be so troublesome, but it is a common occurance. I like to blame that and my failing memory on the fact that I have too many things to think about. I worry a bit about getting older. I don't know how I can get more forgetful and still function!

6 comments:

Maleen said...

Hah, that is funny. I find recently, that I have been mixing people's names up; especially siblings. Of course I go through about every name in the family before I hit the right one for my kids, but now I do it with other people's kids too. I got Pomai, Ha'lei, Seth, and Liam all in the same room and mixed up every one. I now absolve all other people from feeling bad if they mix up my kids.

Cindy B said...

I did that recently with some recipe I was making. It was supposed to be Taco Chicken Fingers, but I said Tiko Chocken Fingers. Now the kids ask for tiko chocken all the time.

Deanne said...

um...weird. I just finished a quick post titled "Tongue Twister", then came to see your blog, and voila! I promise I didn't steal. You're not alone in the mixing up of words. It can make for some good times!

jennie said...

Don't worry Sunn.. twice in the past week I have said, "Distinguish a fire" instead of "extinguish a fire". Peter got a kick out of that one.

Scott J. said...

Jenn,

If you ever need me to distinguish any fires, I am really good at it. Imagine me, the pyro with 6 brothers who taught me the tricks of the trade & all three fires we have had in our home have been started by someone other than me, yet I was the one who distinguished them. I am also an expert with mace if you ever need a lesson.

Justin said...

Do you remember when I told Mike Tippets' mom to "give me a breast" instead of "give me a break" or "give it a rest"...that was a pretty funny word mixup.